A Community Roundtable
RSVP Here: https://goo.gl/hbdN4x
President Donald Trump’s Fiscal Year 2018 budget proposal includes severe cuts to many HIV and related programs.
- $59 million cut to Ryan White Programs
- Elimination of AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC)
- Elimination of Special Programs of National Significance (SPNS)
- A nearly 20% cut to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s, HIV prevention programs.
- An unprecedented $630 million cap on Medicaid spending
- $26 million cut from HUD’s Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) program
- Elimination of the Minority AIDS Initiative fund
These cuts will weaken our state’s already fragile social safety net and have catastrophic consequences for Georgians living with HIV. Communities already disproportionately impacted by HIV, particularly African-Americans, will be particularly vulnerable. We must respond.
Join Georgia Equality, Counter Narrative Project, Lambda Legal, THRIVE SS and other community leaders and organizations for a community roundtable on the following topics:
– Updates on the current impact of HIV on metropolitical Atlanta and Georgia communities.
– Overview of proposed budget cuts to Ryan White, CDC and HOPWA and how this will impact services going forward
– Information on Medicaid block grants and AHCA
Tuesday June 13th
Phillip Rush Center Annex
328 Mell Avenue Suite B
Atlanta, GA 30307
if you have questions contact: