The primary duties of this position will be to lead and organize efforts to enact and expand nondiscrimination policies throughout the state. The position will require fairly extensive travel throughout the state and will work closely with the other two field organizers to implement advocacy training programs, story collection and represent Georgia Equality in any number of progressive, religious and business coalitions. The Field Organizer must have a basic knowledge of working with LGBT communities and a proven history of grassroots organizing in diverse communities with an emphasis on communities of color and outreach to communities of faith. Other duties may include but are not limited to: writing articles for inclusion in monthly newsletter, creating email blasts to supporters, lobbying at the Capitol during legislative session, policy research and implementation of communications strategies.
Senior Field Organizer
• Proficiency in the Georgia legislative process.
• Basic understanding of LGBT issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of post-education related professional
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, writing, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to demonstrate and maintain good relationships with internal and external
collaborators and stakeholders.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent team work skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in a bi-partisan political environment.
• History of working within and leading multi-agency coalitions.
• Demonstration of proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Good written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines with a proven capacity of taking
responsibility for specific goals and measurable outcomes with designated time frames
• Coordinate volunteers and develop and supervise a volunteer canvass and phonebank
• Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including weekends and evenings
• Must have own transportation. Work-related travel will be reimbursed.
• Experience with SALSA, VAN (Voter Activation Network), Vote Builder or similar
database system a plus.
In order to be considered for the position, please email the following by September 19, 2014
• Cover letter with salary requirements and resume preferably attached as one document
in Microsoft WORD or PDF.
• No telephone calls please.
Equality Foundation of Georgia follows an Equal Employment Opportunity policy and employs
personnel without regard to gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, race, color,
ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, disability, marital status, age, height, and