Queer Youth Lead The South Action Camp is an interactive training camp for queer and trans youth living in the southeast. At QYLTS Action Camp participants learn about anti-oppression, social justice, and how to take their GSA organizing to the next level and bring positive change to their schools, communities and states! QYLTS Action Camp is organized by an interstate partnership with the Mississippi Safe Schools Coalition, Georgia Safe Schools Coalition/Georgia Equality, Alabama Safe Schools Coalition and GSA Network.
This year the camp is taking place in Atlanta, Georgia from July 16th – 19th.
The QYLTS Action Camp features intensive community building, skill building, political education and leadership training for LGBTQ student that they can bring back to share at their schools and communities. Participants will learn how to:
- Strengthen GSA/LGBTQ activist clubs through coalition building, strategic organizing and fundraising
- Understand the legal rights of students and GSA clubs.
- Oppose LGBTQ harassment and ostracism in school environments.
- Run successful campaigns to change the climate on their campuses.
- Recognize the ways that homophobia and transphobia are connected to racism, sexism, classism, ableism, ageism and other oppressions.
- Work with school administration, teachers and school boards to fight LBGTQ oppression.
- Strengthen regional bonds with new friendships and connections with other LGBTQ youth across the southeast.
The camp is open to young people ages 14-23. If you would like more information about camp and fill out an application please check out our camp website at tinyurl.com/activistcamp
SUPPORT QYLTS Action Camp!
QYLTS Action Camp depends greatly on our awesome adult allys to make things possible. Help give young people the space and tools they need to empower themselves by making a donation, signing up to contribute a meal, or volunteering for a few hours! Your donation is fully tax deductible and will be used only for the QYLTS Action Camp. Click here to support QYLTS Camp and help another young person attend!